Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Loot Crate Review

Loot crate is a really popular geek/gamer subscription box.  This box has gained a considerable following over the year (almost) it has been out.  Part of the reason for that, I believe, that this box is very unique.  Although there is another box that in the same category of it called booty bin. I predict more to come like Loot Crate.

Well, anyways, this box costs $19.37 a month including shipping. They ship on the 20th of each month, and their boxes usually ship pretty fast to me (priority mail I think).  Each month, one subscriber will win a "Mega Crate," which is filled with over $250 worth of value! I really hope someday I will get a mega-crate to review. 


This month's theme was mash-up. So it supposedly has two unrelated geeky things and they get well, mashed together.

 I had a  hard time putting this all together. 

Dead Pool-aid Tee ($22)- This shirt really isn't my style. My dad liked it but sadly it didn't fit him because I set the shirt size to my size. 
Bic 2 in 1 Stylus Pen ($6)- This fits the mashup theme pretty well. I just don't think I would ever use this. This is because I don't ever use styluses, ever really. I don't see the point of them, unless you are playing draw something.

Loot Crate Wall Tangram ($7.50)- This is kinda neat. But my arrangement on my wall didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to. But the good part about this is that you can take it down and put it back up whenever.

Comikaze %20 off Coupon- I'm not geeky enough to go to Comikaze, so this will probably go to waste. The code was LOOTCRATE if anyone wants to use it.
Loot Crate Bot Sticker($0.50)- I really have no place to put stickers. And this bot kinda creeps me out.

(2) Warhead Candies ($0.50)- I am super resistant to sour candies because I at an eff ton of warheads once. That being said, these are still good.  Pretty much a classic.

Help a Brother Out Sticker ($0.50)- Everyone else got only one of these, hmmmm. But as I mentioned before, I don't have a place to stick these.

Loot Crate 8-bit Sunglasses ($5)- They sent these in different colors in the second 8-bit themed crate.  But I look pretty dang weird in these, but I know someone who may like them. 

The total value of this box was $42. Daang, the second highest all-time value of loot crate. The first crate had one over $50, and that may have made all subsequent boxes a disappointment.  I am honestly getting bored with this subscription. But I AM NOT saying I hate it. This box will make people a very happy camper every month, it may be the highlight of their month. It just isn't for me.

Verdict: I cancelled, maybe I'll want it in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. to be honest, until you said it explicitly, it didn't occur to me that the bic stylus was a mashup.

    funny right?

    i need to know what fancy box i should get. the whole fancypalooza with the coupons happened when i was too busy to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny. I think the fancy food subscription is the best. But females seem to enjoy the cocha rocha and the Jennifer Love heiwitt. I also like the Ashton Kutcher one, but that is more geared towards males. A lot of people hated the pink and vebal ones though.

      Delete