Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May Fancy Food Box Review + $20 Off Coupon

Everyone jump for joy! Subscription box season (the 10th to the end of the month) is starting.  And my season started with one of my favorite boxes of all time, the Fancy Food box. This is one of the many subscriptions that The Fancy offers. Some other Fancy boxes include: the Jennifer Love Hewitt  Coca Rocha, and Ashton Kutcher A+ Box.  So far, the food one is definitely my favorite, probably because I love food so much (but you probably couldn't tell). 

All fancy subscriptions cost $39 a month plus shipping. The food box doesn't ship internationally  but the other ones do, not sure about the Tyler Florence one because that could have food in it.  Use code 20OFF16 to get $20 off any box!
'
 All fancy boxes come in a cubical 10x10x10 box
Sir Kensington Chipotle Mayonnaise ($10)- This is tasty! I am a huge fan of pretty much anything spicy, so this appealed to me a great deal.  It is a great way to add zing to anything normal mayonnaise would taste good on!

Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce ($9)- I usually find butternut squash too sweet to go with a main course, but this had the perfect amount of sweetness. It not only had squash, but it also had some garlic and marinara flavor also.

(2) Chocolate Mexicano Discs ($9)- I really liked the texture of these. It almost tasted granual-y, but in a good way.  The quality also was great. If you're wondering, they came in a vanilla flavor, and a salted almond flavor.

Field Trip Teriyaki Beef Jerky ($6)- Am I the only one who gets super excited when they see beef jerky in a subscription box? No, OK? Only me? Whatever.  Well, I wish these had a bit more zing, but the quality was awesome, like most items in this box.
(2) 479 popcorn in Black Truffle White Cheddar (big bag) and Salted Caramel (little one) ($5.41)- These are delicious! I have to say that the truffle is better than the carmel in my opinion.  The caramel tasted pretty ordinary, while the truffle tasted truly unique. 

Apron Cooking Guide ($25)- This is actually pretty neat. On the bottom of the apron, there are upside-down instructions like weight conversions and cooking times, so you can read them while you cook! I will actually use this because I often end up looking up conversions online while cooking. This will make the job much easier.

The total value of this box is about $64.41. This is a pretty great value, especially if you used the coupon. Plus, most of these things aren't readily available in stores. This is truly one of my favorite boxes now!

Verdict: This box is fricken amazing!

6 comments:

  1. Just used 20OFF16 for the Tyler Florence Box. It worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome, Jared! Can you tell me if it's possible to just purchase one month, or does Fancy require that you commit to multiple months like a true subscription? Thanks in advance for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to commit to any amount of months. You can purchase the subscription on their website, then wait ten days. After the wait, you can cancel the subscription pretty easily in your account. Then it will say "Are you sure, you will still receive the box for this month and it will cease for next month" or something similar to that. Then you just accept, and then bam, no more subscription! Warning: If you cancel before the ten days, you won't get the box at all :(. And if you decide to keep the subscription I think it renews every thirty days from your last payment.

      Delete
  3. How do you find the coupons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy usually has 20 off coupons that expire and then increase a number, like the next one would be 20OFF17. That doesnt work now, and no other bloggers have found any more. I usually get my coupons from other bloggers or just guessing them in the shop.

      Delete