Friday, May 24, 2013

May Goodies Co. Review

Goodies Co. is a pretty awesome snacky subscription box owned by Walmart. The reason for its excellence and success, in my opinion, is how cheap it is. Every box comes at the very reasonable price of $7 including shipping!  This is a box that comes a bit later in the month, around the 20th.  Goodies hasn't been around for too long, but they already feel like a veteran box, probably since they have marketing geniuses working for them.  You get points for providing feedback about the product that you can use to buy full-size products in their shop.

There are some little downsides to goodies. You have to wait 2-4 weeks to be able to subscribe.  You first sign up for an invite, then play the waiting game.  And the only other negative I can think of is that the website slows down all mobile devices A LOT. Like my text doesn't show up until five seconds after I've typed it. But that isn't something I would unsubscribe for by any means. 
 Full Size in a $7 box: awesome.
Bronco Bobs Cranberry Chipotle Sauce ($1.50)- I love anything involving spice usually, and this was no exception.  Well actually, I didn't love love it, but it was pleasant.  It tastes great on crackers.  

Beanitos Nacho Cheese ($1.00)- I usually don't like anything related to beans, but these were pretty good. The bean flavor was subtle enough for me to enjoy this.  I'm just not sure how I feel about the flavor. I liked the flavor of the ones I got in a healthy surprise before.  

Zico Coconut Water ($4.34)- I love coconut water so much! I find it just the perfect refreshment. I was ecstatic when I found this in the box.  
Free Wholly Guacamole Product up to $6.50 ($3.00)- I am only counting this for three dollars because these products were on sale when I used this coupon for three dollars, so that is what I got out of  this coupons.  But this brand is pretty good, for store bought guacamole. I like that they offer single serving snack packs.

Sour Power Straws in Strawberry ($1.00)- I loved these! These had a huge nostalgia factor for me, because I loved sour punch straws as a kid. I also liked that these actually tasted like strawberry, not artificial. 

Sour Power Straws with a bunch of flavors ($1.00)- Mmmm... So good, same as above, tasted actually like fruit!

(2) California EVOO packets ($1.20)- I really don't know how to judge olive oil properly, since I don't notice flavor differences when I change olive oil brands. So I can't give a proper review of these. I can tell you that they will be used though. 

(Not Pictured) Moroccan Mint Numi Tea ($0.36)- This was hiding in the bottom of the box, so I didn't get it pictured.  Anyways, I just gave away a gift box of a bunch of  my teas including this one. The person was happy, so that's good I guess.

The total value of this box is $14.35. This is a great value considering it is double what I payed! I don't know why one wouldn't subscribe.

Verdict: Goodies Co. is a great box, even for people with a strict-ish budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment