Friday, May 17, 2013

A Very Sad May Dumplingbox Review

*Sigh* This is the last dumplingbox that I will receive. I was quite surprised when I found out that they will no longer have this subscription because business was going really well for the owner. The most likely case is that she got too overwhelmed with all her subscribers and didn't want this box business to take up her whole life. But you can still buy this month's box on their website.

Anyways, I really like this box. It is a box of Asian snacks that just started four months ago.  It cost(ed) ten dollars per box including shipping.
 I really like the dumplinbox logo
Golden Fuji Vegetable Flavor Cracker (Hong Kong)- These had a really subtle flavor. I didn't think they tasted like vegetables, something more like pizza sauce.  The texture of these crackers were nice also.

Mimilo Lemon Cream Wafer- This was my favorite thing in the box. Inside this package were two white wafer cookie things that had some sort of lemon cream filling. Really refreshing in a sense. I usually find lemon candy too sweet to be lemony, but this had the perfect amount of sweetness.

Orion Choco Pie (Vietnam)- There is an American variant of this, but I forgot the name. Side note  I thought Lotte (a Korean brand) made these. The labels look the same. Anyways, I used to have these all the time! Some people would say they are like a chocolate marshmallow burger, but I would say they are like s'mores in cookie form. s
Milkita (Indonesia)- These were kinda like a hard candy version of laffy taffy. Not bad, but not amazing.

Kasugai Maccha Ame (Japan)- This was tasty. I would describe it as a green tea flavored hard candy. I do have one weird complaint, it lasted way too long! Like, I had to spit it out because I got tired of the flavor. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

Almond Candy (China)- Whoa, this had a super strong almond flavor. I wasn't a huge fan, but someone who loves almonds might be.

Some snack thing without a label and doesn't look like a sesame cracker- Apparently I received this instead of a sesame cracker, or this is a sesame cracker (don't think so).  But it was way too hard for me to eat without breaking a teeth so into the chute it went. 

Flower Kiss Candy (Japan)- This had a great flavor. I was a bit wary at first, because I thought it would taste like flowers. It turned out that it tasted like fruit. It was also kinda creamy. And it didn't last too long, just as much time as I wanted it to.  Overall, pretty awesome.

I really liked this box, and this subscription overall. I am just super sad it got cancelled. I am even more saddened by the fact that there aren't any other Asian snack boxes yet.  Someone start one now! 

Verdict: Sad-face :(

No comments:

Post a Comment