Thursday, May 16, 2013

April/May Runnerbox Review

Runnerbox is a pretty new subscription box geared towards runners and other athletes.  I love to run, and I try to run at least fifteen miles per week, so I thought this box would be awesome for me to at least try. I saw reviews of it, and all of them were positive so I caved in and bought this bi-monthly subscription.

This is what they say about themselves:

"RunnerBox is a subscription based box for runners, triathletes and other active people. It is a mini shoebox filled with running products, mailed to your front door. It has everything from energy products, gels, chews, protein shakes/supplements, nutrition bars, skincare, and other accessories! Some products will be brand new (but personally tested) on the market, and some will be tried and true favorites. With so many products coming out on the market, leave the trials and testing to us, we’ll search out the best and send them to you!"


This company actually offers many different options for your subscription. For a monthly "compact" subscription, it costs ten dollars plus shipping (about four dollars).  Then you can get the normal bi-monthly one for twenty dollars and shipping (the one I have). One can also purchase a one-time gift box and even a one-time gluten free box. But the choices don't stop there.  They also offer a Tribox! This is a box especially for triathletes.  This also has an array of options to go with. Anyways, this is the normal bi-monthly runnerbox, and I thought it was pretty awesome!
Like many subscription boxes, this one was PACKED.  
 It wouldn't be a fitness box without an inspirational quote!
Skin Strong Slik and Slather ($5.05)- I was also supposed to get a sample of their slik dust, but I just received two slathers, but whatever. This is supposed to be used to prevent blisters and chafing during physical activity. I get blisters all the time, so this will definitely help!

Injinji Lightweight Performance Socks ($12)- Toe socks were always a weird concept to me.  But when I put these on, after a while, I forgot they were even on! They felt like nothing. These might come in handy for running then. 
CLIF Shot Bloks Energy Chews ($2)- These are pretty awesome. There are six little 33 calorie blogs of energy shtuffs that are super easy to break apart. This allows for full customization when deciding when, and how long you want your energy.

#9 Chocolate Agave Slo-Burn Energy ($1.75)- I was surprised how good this tastes. Not only, that but it gave me long-lasting energy without a complete crash. As a bonus, it is dairy free and sweetened with only agave so you won't get cancer.

Info Card with all the items and descriptions. 
1 serving Energy Bits ($3.45)- These are interesting, because they aren't pills, but they are tablets of something called spirulina. You are supposed to have about thirty at once, but swallow one at a time.  I wonder if these will work... On their website, they also offer skinny bits, vitality bits, and recover bits! All the bits.

Huma Chia Energy Gel ($2.25)- Chia seeds are everywhere now! I am starting to become a fan of them. It might be a placebo, but I generally feel better and more energetic after I have some of these. Plus this sounds tasty. 

Cytomax ($0.88)- This was one of my favorite things in the box. It re-hydrated me way better than, lets call it Flavorade, and it is healthier. Not too expensive either.
Win Detergent- I'm not going to count this in the value since it says free sample and it doesn't give a weight in Oz. Anyways, sometimes clothes that I had a lot of phisical work done in them, still have a hint of bad odor after washes. This will hopefully solve that problem.

Accel Recover Bar ($2)- Weight gain/recovery bars are always a plus in any box for me. I just hope it doesn't taste too healthy. 

Reflective Laces ($5??)- This doesn't have a brand on it, so I don't know what the value is for certain. But now I won't get hit by a car during night runs. I don't know why I didn't already have these on hand.

The total value of this box is about $34.48. Talk about good value! I am especially surprised because this box is fairly new. The best part is that I will use every single item in here! This may be one of my favorites now.

Verdict: Runnerbox must-have for runners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment