Thursday, June 6, 2013

Awesome Japanese Candy Part 3! Kracie Dodotto Candy/ Dot Drip Candy

Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of days, I just haven't felt like it; and I don't want this to feel like a job.  Anyways, welcome to part three of my Japanese candy series, the chemical reaction edition. Like the last post, this is one of the more simpler candy kits, but it is nothing short of awesome!

If you would like to purchase these, I bought them from here.

 Nonchalant octopus is nonchalant.
 See! This set is pretty simple.
 First you fill up each side with water up to the line in the container. Then you add packet 1 to the square, and 2 to the circle shaped hole. Then ,obviously, you stir.
 I was kinda sad that I didn't get the nonchalant octopus. But anyways, this is where the "Dot Drip" part comes into play. Included in the set is this little octopus. You squeeze the octopus like a pipette and suck up some pink liquid! Then make the octopus poop into the clear liquid. It creates awesome little spherical gel balls that remind me of mini-boba or salmon roe (this reaction comes into play for the candy sushi kit too! Post of that coming soon).
Lastly, you add a third powder with some water and the remains of the pink liquid, and it creates a grapy-foam thing. It tasted kinda weird, but not bad.  And then you mix them all together and it looks like this!

The Taste
The dots- These were quite pleasant actually. Tasted like bubblegum, but what was really awesome was the texture. It really did have the texture of boba! Maybe this is how they make it.  

The foam- It was kinda sour, but still tasted good. I think the flavor was grape. My fried that I made this with thought it was disgusting, so I happily ate the rest of it. 

Together- Pretty tasty, and an interesting texture. Overall  I really enjoyed this candy set! Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment