Sunday, June 16, 2013

June Love With Food Review

Love with Food is a fairly popular gourmet food monthly subscription service. One of the reasons why it is so popular is most likely the relatively cheap cost. This box costs $12 monthly total and can go as low as $10 with an annual plan. What differentiates this box from other food boxes is that for every box they deliver, they donate a meal to a hungry child in America. This month was particularly special because they donated two meals with every box!

There are a lot of discounts online for LWF. Once I found one for $15 for a 3-month subscription. So if the $12 seems too pricey, just keep your eyes peeled for discounts!


This month's theme was "Summer Beach Bash"
 This month's box was packed!
Seaweed Love Olive Oil Roasted Seaweed ($2.75)- I loved this. Seaweed is one of my most favorite foods, so this was a favorite snack also.  It had a good amount of salt, and was a nice, light snack. I just wish somehow it would be filling, but I guess that isn't really possible. 

Smooze Mango and Coconut Fruit Ice ($2.33)- I haven't tried this yet but it sounds great.

Turbana Sweet Plantain Chips ($1.42)- I liked the salty ones they sent in a previous box, but these weren't terrible. I just thought they could use some salt.
Soyjoy in Mango Coconut ($1.19)- Oh Soyjoy, I remember I would always eat these in elementary school. I would eat them and lie through my teeth and say they were good. I don't know why I pretended they were good, I think I just liked the name and the advertisements for these. I find them a bit dry, but they aren't as bad as I remember. 

Do More Pineapple Coconut Cereal Bar ($1.92)- This was awesome! It was like a rice cereal treat, just with an awesome pineapple coconut flavor. 

Surf Sweets ($1.25)- I was expecting these to be sour, but I was kinda sad that they weren't. They were really sweet and had a nice texture. I ordered more of these for free with my rewards points. Some sour flavor comes when you order them so I'm looking forward to that. 

2 Hillside Go Organic Hard Candy ($0.50?)- These were really good. I liked that they actually tasted like fruit. The flavors on these were interesting, blood orange and green apple. Well, mostly just the blood orange.

Flavrz Organic Drink Mix ($2.50)- Water flavorings are great when water gets to boring. This was pretty awesome, added a fruity flavor to the water. I got more of these in this month's conscious box, and I was happy to have that (review coming soon for the conscious box).

1 pack Pur Gum in Pomegranate Mint ($1.80)- Aspartame free gum seems to be all the rage these days. But I guess I like it because I don't really want cancer.  I liked the flavor, I just wish it lasted longer! That seems to be the problem with all the aspartame free gums.

The total value of this box is $15.66! This is the best LWF value I'd ever seen so far. I liked all the products too!

Verdict: Excellent box, good job LWF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment