Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June Treatsie Review

There's really not much to explain about Treatsie.  It is a monthly box that sends you awesome candies for $15 a month.  Candy is always good so I thought, hey, why not subscribe.  But that is honestly all I can say about it right now. Anyways, on to the box!

 This was the size of your average box of chocolates. 
(3) Liddabit Sweets Fig-Ricotta Caramels ($1.74)- Mmmmmmm. These were really great.  Let's start out with the texture. It was super soft and melted in your mouth. And the fig/ricotta flavor wasn't overpowering at all and actually tasted really good. I want more.

Lambrecht Gourmet Southern Pecan Toffee ($6.50)- This was ok in my opinion, as I thought it was a little hard. But I gave it to my sister and she wouldn't stop eating it!

(3) Liddabit Sweets Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels ($1.74)- These were also amazing! I liked how much salt was in it. And I've never had chocolate caramel before this.

Liddabit Sweets Barley Tea and Honey Lollipop ($1.25)- This was ok, it just tasted like honey to me.

(4) Itty Bitty Askinosie Chocolate Bars ($8)- These were way better than your average everyday dark chocolate. It tasted so chocolatey it was almost fruity, in a weird but good way.  You are probably wondering why I have ten pictured but I only put four in the value.  That's because I didn't get any of these bars in my original box so they sent another box with ten of them. Everyone else only got four, so that's the explanation for the value.  They also sent some bonus chocolate caramel.

The total value of this box was $19.23. This was a pretty good value considering I consumed everything they had to offer.

Verdict: This was a pretty good box.

2 comments:

  1. the askinosie is the stuff that jeni's splendid ice creams uses. i haven't ever had the real deal, but i make stuff out of the cookbook.

    sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who that is. But the chocolate is pretty great. It has a wierd name though.

      Delete