Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Love With Food Box Review

Love with food is a fairly popular gourmet food monthly subscription service. One of the reasons why it is so popular is most likely the relatively cheap cost. This box costs $12 monthly total and can go as low as $10 with an annual plan. What differentiates this box from other food boxes is that for ever box they deliver, they donate a meal to a hungry child in America.

Side Note: I just found out the owner is Asian, that's awesome!

There are a lot of discounts online for LWF. Once I found one fir $15 for a 3-month subscription. So if the $12 seems to pricey, just keep your eyes peeled for discounts!

Some times, LWF has special guests curate their boxes, and next month (April) it is going to be Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods. I am really excited for that box because I am completely open to any food, no matter how bizarre. He did reveal that there would be cocomels in the box, and I love Cocomels!

The theme of this month's box was Classics with a Twist

The contents of this box with approx. retail values:

Dark Chocolate Orange Good Fortune Cookie From Emily's Chocolates ($1)- This was yummy! I am a fan of fortune cookies and this was awesome. I really like chocolate orange combos. That's probably why I like Jaffa Cakes and Chocolate Oranges so much.

Granola from Ola! Foods ($.16)- I'll post this in an update.
Update- This was Ok, pretty plain in my opinion.

Chocolate Covered Wasabi Peas from Chocowasabi ($1??)- I love love love Wasabi. But I don't think it's really hot or spicy at all, just a bit tangy. I can eat plain Wasabi all day! So these choco peas were delicious! I was surprised how the chocolate complimented the tanginess of the Wasabi. I just wish it had more Wasabi flavor. I feel like I was in the minority for liking this though.

Fruit and Veggie Juice from Kids 50 ($2??)- I got this in break it down berry and it was really refreshing. I grew up in the 90's so I'm used to juice boxes not quenching my thirst lol. This tasted really fruity and not vegetabley at all!

Salted Carmel Baked Corn from Cosmos Creations ($2.49)- Mmmm, this may have been the highlight of the box for me. It was like those puffy cheetos, but instead of cheese, salty carmel. I will probably buy more of this through LWF.

Green Tea Infuser from Revolution Tea ($.50)- Haven't tried yet, will update.

Mary's Gone Crackers Snacks ($1)- I was a little bummed out because I got crackers and some people got pretzels. I'll post this in an update also.
Update- These were really seedy and tasted a bit too healthy. I think I would've liked the pretzels better but these weren't bad.

Wild Berry Flat Fruit from Wacky Apple ($1??)- I can't find the values of like half the things in this box! I will put this in an update.
Update- This was good, but nothing special. I like flat fruit so it was good.

The total value of this is $8, but maybe more since I estimated. This is an OK value since they donate a meal. I think I might cancel in 2 months.

Verdict: Subscribe when there are discounts for sure, regularly, maybe.

**I did not receive any compensation from Love With Food to write this review. I also bought this box myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment