Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March Conscious Box Review

Conscious box is a montly subscription service that specializes in eco-friendly products.  This box is pretty popular in the whole subscription box world. There are many people in today's society that are looking for more eco-friendly ways to live.  I think this box would be perfect for those types of people!

This box costs $19.95 a month including shipping.  Like most other subscription boxes, you can sign up for longer plans to get a discount.  There are also options for a gluten free, or vegan box.

Use Code FREEBOX to get your first box free! (can cancel anytime).

This box always sends lots of samples to try!


Disposable iPhone Sleeves by Chef Sleeve ($10)- These will come in handy if I plan on going someplace wet or dirty (get your mind out of the gutter, gosh!).  But I'm wondering how people will react to these if they don't have an iPhone.  I suppose they will work if their phone is close to the same size.

Wheatgrass Shot by Agro Labs ($3.33)- This was actually pretty tasty and gave me a good amount of energy to make it through a part of the day.

2 Nektar honey crystals ($1?)- These are so yummy.  I like to eat them plain for some reason, but they are delectable! I can't seem to find them anywhere in my local supermarket.

2 Packs of Stash Chocolate Orange Organic Tea ($.50)- I'm growing a small stash of stash tea now. I usually only drink chai tea.  I will drink any black tea they send, but I am not a big fan of subtle and flavored teas.

Motherlove diaper rash salve ($.67)- Well I have absolutely no use for this, so I will just give it away I guess. But samples feel a little akward to give out sometimes, so sometimes  I make little gift boxes of all the little things in sub boxes that I haven't used and then give them away.  It makes me feel like a good person, and the people feel awesome for getting a bunch of samples.
Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup ($.76)- This is drug free. I have no problem with putting drugs in to me (unless they are illegal), but I'll try this.

Smarty Pants Kids Gummy Vitamins ($1)- Lol, I ate this myself and it was muy deliciouso! They tasted like candy.  The only thing I have to complain about is that you have to take six at a time to get your daily dose.  That can be a little costly.

Smarty Pants Grown-Up Gummy Vitamins ($1)- Same as above.
Two Snack Bars by Two Degrees ($4.43)- I really liked the texture of these.  The flavors were pretty good also.  I ate these two right away and I want more.

Olde Man Granola in Original Nut ($.50)- This was surprisingly good. I liked the nutty flavor a lot. I was expecting it to be bad because the name of it is "Olde Man Granola," but now I know not to judge a book by its cover.

(Not pictured, but is at the top of the first photo) Pure Living Tea Vanilla Chaga TGRT Raw Tea ($.44)- I may make this.  I am intrigued by tea when it has interesting packaging, so I am more likely to make this than the stash ones.


The total value of this box is about $24. Concious  box isn't really about values, but discovering new eco-friendly products.  I am not much of a health-nut at ALL.  But this box would be great for certain people, just not me.  So I went ahead and cancelled after my third month (this month).  Now I have some room in my budget. What box should I try out now?

Verdict- If you are looking for some new eco-friendly products, try this box out.  It is pretty darn good, but not exactly tailored for me. 

**I was not paid to write this review nor did I recieve any compensation from concious box to write it.  I also purchased it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment