Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Loot Crate Review- Doctor

Loot crate is a monthly subscription service targeted to geeks and gamers. This is the only subscription box I know of that fits in that category, and I have a feeling it will inspire more boxes like it since loot crate has been so successful.

Sometimes I feel that I am not geeky enough for this crate. Last month I received a dice set, and I was thinking "what am I going to do with these." Yeah some items are a bit too geeky for me, but they make awesome presents.

This is what Loot Crate says on their about us page:
Loot Crate is the monthly gear and swag club for those that live and embrace the geek and gaming lifestyle. Loot Crate is a product discovery box, connecting our subscribers, known as Looters, with the best new and emerging companies producing gear, snacks, toys, hardware, art, and other goodies for the geek and gaming market. Each month, Loot Crate handpicks 6-8 new items to include in the box, which are kept secret until the boxes are delivered!

In the short time since Loot Crate's launch, the Looter community has grown rapidly. We have an awesome and engaged group of members across LootCrate.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube!


Loot Crate costs $13.37 (Internet slang for leet) plus $7 shipping. Personally, I think 19.37 plus free shipping sounds better, because someone may think "ooh it's 13 dollars, I'll subscribe, oh not seven dollar shipping, nope not subbing." But that is a fairly minor issue.

I have been subscribed to loot crate for four months and it has easily become one of my favorite subscription boxes. It's just so unique! This month the loot came in a new fancy black box (pics below), and it looks pretty awesome. It even has a new inside!

If you would like to subscribe to loot crate, please use my referral code here:
http://mbsy.co/8WV

The contents of the February loot crate with retail values:

TARDIS Prime Shirt ($15)- Sadly, I am not a whovian/Doctor Who Fan. I know a couple people who are, and this will make an epic gift! The shirt has an interesting design and seems pretty high quality. Side Note: When loot crate sent out their first shirt, they emailed everyone a shirt size survey so people can get their size. And they keep that size for future shirts until you change. How awesome is that!

MegaMan Air Freshener ($2.99)- This is pretty interesting. I usually don't use air fresheners like this but I'll give it a try. I did like megaman when I was younger.

Caffeinated Brain Bits ($1.95)- This is basically caffeinated nerds. Harcos labs seems to make normal things but add weird names to them. I'll eat these for sure though.

Shark Drinks Cooler (???)- This was made by loot crate, so I do not know the value. I don't usually use drink coolers, but I'll keep this around. It has an interesting design with a shark shooting a laser beam lol. I'm pretty sure this is a reference to something that I don't know of. Just figured it out, Dr Evil, duh.

Bacon Lip Balm ($3.99)- Ha, I have always wanted to try this, but never bought it. I am a big fan of bacon so I was excited about this. It smelled A LOT like bacon, but didn't really taste like anything. And it did an adequate job of lip moisturizing. But now my lips smell like bacon ha.

Tetris Wall Heart ($7.50)- I love the design of this a lot. Tetris is an awesome game and Walls360 is an awesome brand. This is awesome.

Bonus item for upgrading from a 1 to 3 month, 3 to 6 month, or already having a 6 month subscription: Dr who coaster- I'll also be giving this away since I am not a fan as previously stated.

The total value of this box is about $32.43. This is a pretty awesome value. Most of the things in this crate were specialty items and that makes the value higher in my book. I think Loot crate would be one of the best gifts to give to a geek or gamer!

Verdict: Loot Crate is super awesome!













No comments:

Post a Comment